Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Let The Right Ones In (2008)


I haven't done a review in two months and with good reason, I haven't watched any movies since October. Then a hankering came for some Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me and 1984 and here I am again.

While there is no proper embed for this film it is free to watch on viooz. I'm not sure how they get away with doing so but they seem to have every movie that I search for on the site. You have to avoid downloading or agreeing to a few popup's recommendatons but that's the price for freedom, Nancy boy.

As for the films itself--and despite numerous sites and top lists counting it as a favorite among the genre--I found it quite trite and sophomoric. That's coming from a cretin that watches those Charlie Brown most offensive parodies and howls riotously. But with the plot being about two prepubescents, it sticks to that mindset throughout with adolescent themes: bullying, first kisses, going steady, divorce, blah blah blah.

Not that the acting isn't good enough or some of the scenes rendering interesting perspective but they are few and far between. This is definitely B-movie-ish with full intent on being classic horror. I don't see it that way. It's more in the vein of throwaway vampirism to me and it takes a lot to achieve that status with a low budget aptitude such as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment